Good nutrition, proper rest and special remedies are the basic essential things to improve our eyesight. Excess sun light, cheap make-up products and over usage of eyes can harm eyes.
We have collected a list of good nutrients which plays an effective role to help restore your eye sight.
1. Eating raw carrots in form of salads provides nutrients like phosphorous, iodine, calcium and beta carotene. All these work very well for the eyes. Beta carotene help you out from a haze or glare vision.
2. Amla also known Indian Gooseberry is possesing one of the richest source of natural vitamin C. It is used as powerful antioxidant agent that also boosts immunity.
The Amla, taken with honey, is useful in preserving eye sight. It will also be beneficial in the treatment of conjunctivitis and glaucoma. It reduces intraocular tension in effective manner.
3. Cut slices of cucumber and place each on eyes. The cooling effect relaxes your eye muscles.
4. Blue berry or bilberry is a very helpful product for eyes, it contains “anthocyanosides” which sweep away free radicals. It protect the retina and improves night vision, reduces cataracts, macular degeneration, and glaucoma.
Combination juce of blue berry, cucumber and lutein is very effective for eyes.
5. Zeaxanthin and Lutein are enrich of yellow-orange pigments are called “carotenoids” which also impart color to leafy green vegetables, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, papaya and corn. Carotenoids can quench free radicals and lower your risk of cataracts and macular degeneration.
6. Zinc is an important mineral required by all cells in the body, zinc helps strengthen the cells of the eye.
7. Fish oil contains powerful compounds 'omega 3′ that can effectively prevent macular degeneration and other eye problems. Fish oil combined with hyaluronic acid help create more lubrication and can protect against Sjogren’s Syndrome.
8. Ginkgo biloba can protects the optic nerve and the retina. Particularly helpful for diabetics and people with multiple sclerosis. But be careful about the excess doses, it enhances the effect of blood-thinners.
9. Include diets which are rich in vitamin A, Vitamin A is essential for good health of your eyes. It can be obtained from milk cream, soya beans, oranges, butter, cheese, fresh tomatoes, and dates. Green leaves especially spinach is a good source of Vitamin A.
10. Diets rich in vitamin A, vitamin B complex, C and iron help in production of RBCs and improve eye sight. Spinach is an excellent source of these nutrients.
Experts believe that natural pigments are good sight saver, and they claim that if can add colour fruits and vegetables, like blue berry, amla, carrot, cucumber etc. into your daily diet, then your vision will improve within a short period of time.
Source: AyurvedicCure and marconews
Filed under Cataract, Cornea, Eye Care Program, Eye Treatment, Macular Degeneration | Tags: anthocyanosides, antioxidant agent, beta-carotene, calcium, cataracts, eye, eye nutrients, Eye sight, intraocular tension, iodine, Macular Degeneration, Night vision, phosphorous, retina, Sjogren’s Syndrome, Vitamin C | 2 Comments