We often listen to the people saying that they prefer to use contact lens than spectacles. But no one talks or hardly some people know about the disadvantages of ill use of contact lens. And so today we will discuss about some points that can help us to live a disease free life.
Contact lens is a miraculous piece of plastic that usually serve the same corrective purpose as conventional glasses do. It is usually placed on the cornea of the eye.
These small miraculous plastic glasses can also be used to alter the appearance of the eye. And because of that, its demand has increases to an extent. Which has lead to the launch of numerous other lenses like soft contact lenses made of flexible plastics, rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses made of semi soft material and are less likely to tear, extended wear contacts, disposable (Replacement Schedule) contacts and cosmetic contact lenses.
Eye is very sensitive part of our body and if lenses are used without proper safety measures then it can lead to significant risks of eye injuries, eye infection, including blindness. Here are some safety measures that should be considered while using contact lenses.
* They should be always be taken from an eye doctor after he/she has checked your eye power, your external eye condition, external eye measurements.
* Contact lenses should never be treated like over-the-counter products
* Always use same brand as different lens brand use different water content and shape.
* Make sure that you get the exact brand, lens name, power, sphere, cylinder and axis (if any)
* Proper cleaning, and disposing of lenses should be followed
* In case of any irritation or redness, wearing the contacts lenses should be stopped and doctor should be consulted immediately.