Are you worrying about your thinning eyelashes? it makes you look older? as if you face have totally changed? Some body must have suggest you for a surgery?
You may just forget about expensive cosmetic surgeries and try Latisse, the first and only FDA approved eyelash enhancer.
LATISSE® solution is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker. Eyelash hypotrichosis is another name for having inadequate or not enough eyelashes.
This prescription medication contains brimatoprost (0.03%), a prostaglandin that has been used for several years to treat glaucoma.
LATISSE® is a new treatment for inadequate or not enough eyelashes, it was developed through years of research by Allergan, a pharmaceutical leader with over 60 years of expertise in prescription eye care products.
A month supply of Latisse and the applicators are sold for a little over $100 dollars.
Important Safety Information
- If you are using prescription products for lowering eye pressure or have a history of eye pressure problems, only use LATISSE® under close doctor supervision.
- It may cause eyelid skin darkening which may be reversible, and there is potential for increased brown iris pigmentation which is likely to be permanent.
- There is a potential for hair growth to occur in areas where LATISSE® solution comes in repeated contact with skin surfaces.
- If you develop or experience any eye problems or have eye surgery, consult your doctor immediately about continued use of LATISSE®.
- The most common side effects after using LATISSE® solution are an itching sensation in the eyes and/or eye redness.
Dosages and administration
- Ensure the face is clean, makeup and contact lenses are removed
- Apply one drop once at night before going to bed directly to the skin of the upper eyelid margin at the base of the eyelashes using the accompanying applicators.
- Blot any excess solution beyond the eyelid margin.
- Dispose of the applicator after one use.
- Repeat for the opposite eyelid margin using a new sterile applicator.
- Do not apply to the lower eyelash line
- Additional applications of LATISSETM will not increase the growth of eyelashes.
LATISSE® is believed to affect the growth (anagen) phase of the eyelash hair cycle in two ways: first, it increases the length of this phase; and second, it increases the number of hairs in this growth phase. The exact way it works is still unknown.
LATISSE® may decrease IOP. So talk to your doctor if you are using IOP-lowering medications. Concurrent administration of LATISSE® and certain IOP-lowering medications in ocular hypertensive patients should be closely monitored for changes in intraocular pressure.
Do not use LATISSE® solution if you are allergic to one of its ingredients.
It usually takes about a month to see results. The results are not permanent. If you stop using it, your lashes will eventually return to their previous appearance.