Sometime it becomes very difficult for contact lens users to find out a proper guide of handling contact lens. Here are some important tips for successful lens wear and care.
If you want a clear vision, better eye health and maximum comfort you should do:-
- Wash and rinse your hands before you handle your lens. Clean, rinse, and disinfect your lens each time you remove them.
- Handle your lens with your fingertips, avoiding any contact with your fingernails.
- Apply hair spray before inserting your lens.
- Apply make-up after inserting your lens.
- Store lens in a leak-proof lens case when they are not being worn, and disinfect before use.
- Clean and disinfect one lens at a time to avoid mixing up the left and right lens.
- Use a lens case that clearly indicates left and right.
- Replace your lens and your lens case on a regular basis - visit your eye practitioner to discuss the most suitable lens replacement schedule for you.
- Store all contact lens solutions at room temperature (59-86ºF).
- Keep the caps of your solutions closed when not in use.
- Use solution before expiration date marked on bottle.
- Schedule yearly appointments with your eye care practitioner.
- Contact your eye care practitioner if you have questions or concerns.
Do not do
- Do not re-use any lens care solutions.
- Do not use saline to disinfect your lens.
- Do not use eye drops or solutions not intended for use with contact lenses.
- Do not mix any eye medication with lens care solutions except under medical supervision.
- Do not wear your soft contact lens when working in the presence of harmful or irritating vapours or fumes.
- Do not use eye make-up in the inner margin of the eyelids as small particles could be transferred onto the surface of your lens.
- Do not allow soaps, cosmetics or other substances to come into contact with your lenses.
- Do not touch the tip of the bottle to any surface as this may cause contamination.