Truth Behind Eye Care Myths背后的真相眼睛护理的神话

We have been hearing some myths about eye care from our childhood and we sometimes are guided by those.我们一直听到的一些神话眼睛护理从我们的童年和我们有时所依据的那些。 So it is very necessary for all of us to know the actual truth behind these myths to take better care of not only our eyes but also that of our children.所以这是非常必要的,大家都知道,实际背后的真相,这些神话,以更好地照顾,不仅是我们的眼睛,而且我们的儿童。 Some of the famous doctors uncovered the truth.一些著名的医生,查出真相。

Eating carrots improves my eyesight. 吃胡萝卜提高我的视力。
This is a very popular and as well as an ancient myth of eye care.这是一个非常受欢迎,以及作为一个古代神话的眼睛护理知识。 This myth influences us in such a range that we often eat carrot without cooking it and think it as the best eye care.这个神话的影响,我们在这样一个范围内,我们经常吃胡萝卜,未经煮食,它并认为它作为最佳眼睛护理知识。 Now it is the time to look up the truth.现在是时间来研究了事实真相。 Dr. David Kercheval, OD, of Kercheval Eye Care says that this story stems from the days when folks didn’t get enough vitamin A in their diet and needed carrots for an extra boost.国宝博士kercheval ,外径, kercheval眼睛护理说,这个故事来源于的日子,当乡亲没有获得足够的维生素A ,在他们的饮食和所需要的胡萝卜为一个额外的刺激。

“It is a rare deficiency in the US, so eating a lot of carrots will do nothing but turn your skin yellow,” Kercheval said. “这是一种罕见的不足,在美国,所以吃了很多胡萝卜会什么也不做,但把你的皮肤黄色, ” kercheval说。

According to Dr. Amy Walden, OD, an optometrist for Family Eye Care at LensCrafters, lot of beta-carotene in carrots is indeed very good for eyes, but it hardly improve eye sight.据博士Amy的瓦尔登湖,外径,视光师,为家庭眼睛护理在lenscrafters ,大量的β -胡萝卜素在胡萝卜确实是很好的眼部,但它难以改善视力。

UV protected glass is not necessary for me 紫外线保护玻璃是没有必要为我
“You definitely need that filter,” Walden said. “你肯定需要这种过滤器, ”华登说。 “Most of our glasses and sunglasses have the UV protection — and some have UVB protection to filter out rays from the sun that can cause cataracts.” “我们大部分的眼镜及太阳眼镜,有紫外线防护-和一些有紫外线保护,以过滤掉光线从太阳可导致白内障” 。

It is highly recommended even if you are a contact lens user.这是高度的建议,甚至如果你是一个接触透镜的用户。

Can I use my disposable contact lenses for much longer than the recommended duration. 我可以使用用完即弃隐形眼镜的时间较长,比建议的时间。
You cannot do so.你不能这样做。 According to Walden, lens wearers who overextend their lens’ recommended lifetime are prone to infections, corneal ulcers and swelling in the cornea, and ultimately they starve the eye of oxygen.据华登,镜片谁overextend他们的镜头'建议的寿命很容易感染,角膜溃疡和肿胀的角膜,并最终他们挨饿的眼睛氧气。 Eventually, the lenses break down and stretch to the point they no longer fit the eye properly.最终,隐形眼镜破裂和伸展到这一点,他们不再适合眼睛。

“Hygiene and replacing of the lenses offer the best opportunity for eyes to do well and see well,” McCormick said. “生及更换镜片提供最好的机会,让眼睛做的很好,看到那么, ”麦考密克说。

Only those who need glasses require to go for their eye check up regularly. 只有那些谁需要眼镜,要求去他们的眼睛定期检查。
Sometime we think that as we do not have glasses our eye is perfect and their is no need of regular eye checkup.有时候我们认为,由于我们没有眼镜,我们的眼睛是完美的和他们是没有必要的定期眼睛检查。 But these check up not only can indicate whether you need glasses or contacts, they also screen for retinal detachment, glaucoma, cataracts and other potentially harmful conditions.但这些检查不仅可以显示您是否需要眼镜或接触,他们也屏幕视网膜脱离,青光眼,白内障和其他潜在有害的条件。

Walden said many other illnesses show up in the eyes first, including high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol.瓦尔登说,许多其他疾病,显示在眼里,第一,包括血压高,糖尿病和高胆固醇。 Even when a person’s vision isn’t impaired, these conditions can be detected in the retina, she noted.甚至当一个人的抱负是不会受损,这些条件可以发现在视网膜,她指出。

Link链接


Filed under提起下 Contact Lens接触镜 , Eye Treatment眼科治疗 | |

You may also like to read您也可以想读

Leave a Reply离开的答复



Please enter the code shown below ( to verify that you are human ) before you click Submit Comment . 请输入代码如下所示(以验证您是否人类) ,然后单击提交评论